British hi-fi specialist, Naim Audio has added extra functionality to its Control4 Media driver, giving CI professionals even more ways to integrate Naim’s award-winning range of music-streaming speakers and systems.
The new features sit alongside Zone driver functionality, which allows installers to seamlessly control connected Naim products from Control4’s wide range of touchscreens, remote controls and apps, so high-performance music streaming can be more easily integrated into discreet custom installations. The driver also supports volume control and source switching through the Control4 interface, allowing installers to customize the user experience any way they like.
Extended features list:
• Enhanced browsing experience now allows access to both your personal music collection and recommended content on Tidal and Qobuz
• New Favourites menu allows quick selection of a wide variety of your most used content – including internet radio stations and TIDAL/Qobuz playlists
• Search feature to quickly find music on streaming service
• Browse and playback your high-quality personal music collection from a Naim Uniti Core hard-disk music server or UPnP server
• Full switching control of digital and analogue inputs, including HDMI-ARC
• Driver has streaming service credentials built in
The Control4 driver works with all Naim products based on our unique, latest-generation music streaming platform: the Mu-so and Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation wireless speakers; Uniti Atom, Uniti Star and Uniti Nova streaming systems, and ND5 XS 2, NDX 2 and ND555 dedicated music streaming players. Further Naim products – including the Uniti Core music server – can also be integrated, offering the ability to rip and store music collections in flawless quality for playback through home installations.
The Naim Control4 driver offers two control methods for a Naim streaming product. One is as a Media Driver, allowing browsing and playback of music services. The other is a traditional Zone Driver – enabling source switching, volume control and other functions. An installer is able to use either or both in a project, allowing them to integrate the Naim product in the most suitable way for each installation.
The driver connects the Naim product to a Control4 processor over a network connection, so does not require any special cabling. Both wired or wireless connection can be used, but we would advise a wired connection for optimum performance.
AirPlay 2, Chromecast built-in and Spotify Connect features continue to operate as normal, and the Naim App and individual product remote controls can also be used.
The updated Naim Control4 driver is available now from our development partner, Intrinsic.
Updated Naim Control4 Driver Functionality overview:
• Zone Power ControlZone Volume Control (including Mute)
• Source Selection
• Internet Radio Browser
• Qobuz and TIDAL streaming content browsing
Qobuz and TIDAL user favorites browsing
• Rich ‘now playing’ screen for all streaming sources
UPnP server content browser
• Streaming media browser uses language setting of Naim streamer
• Faster media-browsing experience