Nikon has announced the recipients of the 2020 Women Photograph + Nikon Grants, as five women and non-binary photographers, were awarded with grants of $5,000 to support their documentary projects in the field of photojournalism.
For the past three years, Nikon Inc. has worked with Women Photograph to elevate the voices of diverse storytellers across the globe, with the goal of creating a more inclusive and representative visual journalism community worldwide. Nikon Inc. and Women Photograph are pleased to award this year’s five talented grantees with funds to help them continue to share their powerful stories in unique ways.
2020 Women Photograph + Nikon Grant Recipients:
- Gabriella Baez, Puerto Rico: A documentary photographer who focuses on intimate subjects, including the relationship between sexuality and depression.
- Sahar Coston-Hardy, USA: A fine art and landscape photographer who uses art to investigate the social structure of race and cultural identity.
- Sandra Mehl, France: A documentary photographer who shares stories highlighting the relationships between humans and their physical surroundings
- Roopa Gogineni, Kenya + France: A photographer and filmmaker who works on projects that acknowledge the histories and conflicts in the Global South.
- Peyton Fulford, USA: A photographer who uses narrative portraiture to showcase the complexities of a subject’s life and their environment.
To learn more about the 2020 Women Photograph + Nikon Grants as well as the grant recipients and their winning projects, please click here.