Pro Audio Technology (PRO), a supplier of professional audio equipment for the home, announces it is now shipping the ALC-3316 Amplified Loudspeaker Controller worldwide. First seen and demonstrated at CEDIA Expo 2019, the award-winning ALC-3316 includes a 96kHz / 32-bit DSP processing engine that uniquely combines the functionality of a multichannel DSP processor, high-power multichannel home theater or distributed audio amplifier, multichannel mixing amplifier, high-resolution loudspeaker processor, with built-in matrix bass management – all packed into a stylish 1U chassis. Simultaneously, PRO announces its new companion Configurator™ Amplified Loudspeaker Controller software.
ALC-3316 Amplified Loudspeaker Controller features include:
• High-Power Multichannel Amplifier: With 8 balanced analog audio inputs and 9 speaker outputs, the fan-less, 1U ALC-3316 offers three 300W high-current amplifier channels for subwoofer drive, plus six 100W bridgeable amplifier channels to drive full range loudspeakers. As such, a single ALC-3316 can power 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 7.1 7.2 and the new 5.2.2 Dolby Atmos surround system formats. Larger systems can easily be deployed by using two or more ALC units.
• Multichannel DSP Processor: The ALC-3316 includes 160 user-programmable parametric EQ filters (20 per channel), plus gain adjustment, source signals for system diagnosis and delay of up to 70msec per channel for on-site system-wide optimization and calibration.
• High Resolution Loudspeaker Processor: At the heart of the ALC-3316 lies a 96kHz / 32-bit DSP processing engine for all Pro Audio Technology (and sister company Theory Audio Design) loudspeaker and subwoofer products. With over 140 IIR filters, 8 FIR filters, intelligent power-limiting, and delay in every speaker program, it is this processing engine that makes PRO’s thrilling sound possible.
• Mixing/Distributed Audio Amplifier: The ALC-3316 includes a full 8×8 matrix mixer, mic input, four stereo plus mono-sum inputs, bass and treble controls and up to 70msecs delay per channel – useful in today’s large distributed outdoor systems where speakers might be spaced far apart.
• Bass Manager: For the first time in a residential multichannel amplifier, the ALC-3316 can steer low frequency energy from any output to any other single or multiple amplifier outputs allowing bass to be redirected from small full-range loudspeakers to single or multiple “nearby” subwoofers. Small full range speakers, such as those often used for Atmos ceiling channels can even be bass-managed to nearby larger surround speakers, if nearby subwoofers are not available.
With the launch of the ALC-3316, PRO is also releasing version 1.0 of its Configurator Amplified Loudspeaker Controller software interface. Configurator makes the deployment of surround sound or distributed audio systems easy by integrating intelligent predefined DSP filters to address the acoustic challenges commonly encountered in such systems such as boundary loading, perforated video screens, or stretched fabric wall coverings. The filters are identified in plain, easy-to-decipher English – no audio engineering degree is required.
For advanced users, Configurator grants access to 160 parametric EQ filters (20 input, 20 output, per channel), input trim, output gain, delay, source routing, bass management via PRO BassDirector™ interface, channel input and output naming, bass and treble and master volume control as well as a configurable signal generator for system setup, diagnosis and testing.
“The ability to power a complete 7.2 or 5.2.2 high-output surround sound system from a 1U component with fully balanced audio inputs is truly unique in the market,” said PRO’s president and product designer, Paul Hales. “When you add matrix bass-management and all the integrated DSP features, it makes the ALC-3316 a tour de force for distributed and surround audio systems. You simply cannot do more with or from any other 1U component on the market.”
Pro Audio Technology’s ALC-3316 and the Configurator software are now available worldwide. Interested dealers can contact their Pro Audio Technology rep or distributor directly for pricing. For more information on Pro Audio Technology, visit our newly updated website: proaudiotechnology.com.