A CES 2022 Innovation Awards Honoree, the Smart Faucet with Motion Control is Moen’s latest advancement in the Moen Smart Water Network. The next generation of Moen’s award-winning Smart Faucet, the Smart Faucet with Motion Control features new touchless technology that allows the user to control temperature and water flow by using simple hand motions. The technology is so advanced, Moen has designed a version of the faucet without a handle.
“Our research shows that our customers are increasingly choosing to operate their Smart Faucets by using the hands-free sensor, in addition to the voice-activation feature,” says Mark-Hans Richer, senior vice president, chief marketing and innovation officer, Fortune Brands Global Plumbing Group. “Knowing this, we set out to enhance the functionality of our current Smart Faucet, leveraging our best-in-class smart water technology to develop a new, one-of-a-kind experience. Now, the conveniences previously only offered by voice control – including allowing homeowners to set temperature – are also available via the touchless sensor. This patent-pending advancement gives homeowners more flexibility and personalization options, so they can engage their faucet in the way they prefer most.”
This unique Motion Control technology allows users to operate the faucet with simple hand motions that make it easy and quick to select the exact temperature they need. Homeowners can choose from hot, warm or cold water with a simple swipe of the hand over the sensor. Within the corresponding Moen Smart Water App, homeowners can also set default temperatures for hot, warm and cold, based on their own personal preferences, for when the sensor is activated. The app also allows users to select the gesture scheme that works best for them to customize the actions.
In addition to the newly advanced touchless control, the Smart Faucet with Motion Control offers all of the features and benefits of the current Moen Smart Faucet, including:
- Four ways to control the faucet: voice activation via a digital voice assistant (Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant), smartphone app, the handle, and a touchless sensor – now with enhanced gesture control functionality.
- Voice-activated capabilities:
- Metered dispensing in common fractional metric and non-metric measurements from one tablespoon up to 15 gallons
- Exact and generic temperature commands: “105 degrees” and “hot water” or “cold water”
- Combined metered and temperature requests: “1/2 cup of 105-degree water” or “Two ounces of hot water”
- User-customized presets created within the Moen Smart Water App: “Baby Bottle” or “Dog Bowl”
- A “wash hands” command: when issued, the water turns on, then pauses for 20 seconds while a user scrubs their hands; this encourages more complete handwashing and helps save water
- Remote management and activation with the Moen Smart Water App. Users can create a virtually unlimited number of presets to simplify operation, setting both temperature and volume to make voice commands easier. Additionally, consumers’ water usage can be monitored and communicated through the smartphone app to help homeowners understand their daily consumption so they can make changes, if they like, to improve their water footprint.
A Style for Everyone:
The enhanced touchless technology is so powerful and intuitive, Moen will be launching two styles designed without a handle – as there’s no need to ever touch the faucet to operate it – for a high-design, minimalist appearance. The Smart Faucet with Motion Control is also available in four different styles with a handle spanning traditional to transitional to modern aesthetics, so homeowners never have to sacrifice personal style to experience the benefits of smart innovation.
Combining the best of striking style and innovative functionality, the available collections including Smart Faucet with Motion Control are:
- Nio pulldown faucet: Chrome, Black Stainless, Matte Black and Spot Resist Stainless finishes – Nio is also available in a handle-less version
- Paterson pulldown faucet: Chrome, Matte Black and Spot Resist Stainless finishes
- Sinema pulldown faucet: Chrome, Matte Black, Polished Nickel and Spot Resist Stainless finishes
- Weymouth pulldown faucet: Brushed Gold, Chrome, Matte Black, Oil Rubbed Bronze, Polished Nickel and Spot Resist Stainless finishes
The original Moen Smart Faucet is also available in 16 styles with multiple finishes to suit any design preference.